It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you would like to make any changes to your personal information, you can do so by going to My Account in the menu.
2. How we use your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data.
|Purpose or Activity||Type of data||Legal basis for processing|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order, which includes using a third party service to take payment of your order, and passing your contact details to a third party to enable delivery of the order||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Order details including pricing||Performance of a contract with you|
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, please do let us know so that we can try to resolve the concern for you - firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you have the right to report your concern to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
You will not receive any marketing communications from us.
We will never share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
3. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Payment processors.
- Royal Mail and our chosen couriers who provide delivery services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
4. Data security
We have security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law, for tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Payment and Transaction Data) for seven years. Payment and Transactional Data are held by PayPal and Cardsave WorldPay rather than us. We do not take or retain any financial information on this website, except for invoices.
You can ask us to delete the personal data that we hold about you at any time via My Data. Please see your legal rights below for further information.
6. Your legal rights
Under data protection law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
We will respond to all requests within one month.